Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Last Night

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Last Night

    I was coming back to BSG from Wise around 1 last night, I was getting off the first BSG exit. No big deal right? Well, when I got off the exit all I saw was a white car coming head on at me with no intention of stopping. I began to blow my horn and the driver of the car finally (thank God) realized they were coming up the ramp the wrong way. I rolled my window down to see a very elderly woman in the car that was oncoming, we talked and she evidently just couldn't see which ramp was the current one to get on. Just makes you stop and think about life, I dont by any means think it would of been a fatal crash had she continued and hit me but we were both going around 30-35 mph. There were also two cars behind me so the result wouldn't have been pretty. Anyway, just makes you glad that someone is watching out for you and also makes you wonder what does something like that mean.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Last Night

    On a much lesser note, Last night in Norton some must of had fun going egging. Thank you who ever you are, I appreciate Egg on my car.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Last Night

    I seen a strange thing the other day as well..

    I was drvining to work and I was going south on 23 and I was where you turn left to go into wise at the fisrt red lights coming from Pound.. This woman takes the turn into wise.. then stops her car between two lanes and gets out and runs into the town of wise.. Luckily there was a cop around

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Last Night

    Was it just a weird day and night yesterday. I had a similiar thing happen that PVFAN had happen.
    I was going up the ramp, that you take to go to Flatwoods at the area from the four lane in Coeburn.
    A woman in a Van was coming down it. She had taken the wrong ramp. Scared the crap out of me. Cause it's a short ramp coming up from the four lane.
    Im just glad i had stopped before I got to the ramp, and checked to see if i had some items i needed on the truck, if not i would of been entering this short ramp, faster than 30 mph, just entered the ramp, when i seen the van. Had i not got into the gravels and got stopped, hard to tell. This probably under 30 mph.
    Wasn't much to be said. I made sure the lady and her kids were ok. And helped her get turned back around, afterwards, i realized how close it was, i could feel my insides shake. Delayed reaction i guess. At the time all i could think about was avoiding hitting head on.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Last Night

    Yeah that is a really short ramp and everyone I know goes pretty fast up it because it's pretty steep and it's easy to slow down at the top. If I had been going up that ramp when you were, it wouldn't have been pretty.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •